Feng Shui Car
Many of us spend hours at a time in our cars which become like mini-homes. Many people do not know and even laughed when they are told that cars can be feng shui-ed too. Feng shui is all about creating useful or positive energy in the place where we spend many time there. Therefore we definitely can apply feng shui to improve the energy in our car. Negative energy breeds negative response, so you should aim to build up a caring relationship with your car. The basic principles of feng shui-ing our car is the same as the basics of home feng shui.
How to Organize Your Car
- Choose an auspicious day for purchasing a car for you according to feng shui.
- Generally, car follows the classic Four Animals formation – taller at the back than the front with support on either side. The seats should also follow this formation. Those who have cars which slope away to the back or which open at the back can leave the user feeling insecure. The rear lights act as your Tortoise, so make sure that they are clean and in working order. Cars with reclining seats also suggest vulnerability behind since their Tortoise position is weak.
Stickers and other safety equipments on the rear window can strengthen the Tortoise position. Recommended stickers are those which say “Baby on Board” or “Please Keep Your Distance” and other polite, warning signs or words that encourage drivers to drive safe. Stickers and ornaments which distract drivers’ concentration on the road should be avoided.
- Keeping our car clean and free of clutter is very important, this will keep our own energy uncluttered. Those old papers, bottles, wrappers and cans create chaotic, stuck energy. Clear out the clutter then you will begin to feel a positive difference in the energy inside your car. A dirty car would reject the positive flow of energy or chi and this could badly affect you as well as your driving capabilities.
- If you bought used car, ring with space clearing bell inside the car to remove the negative energy.
Keeping a bundle of dried sage in the car is a non-Feng Shui but effective method of clearing out negativity. Some people use incense in the car but be careful not to leave an overwhelming smell.
- According to feng shui, each of us has an individual feng shui number (known as “kua” number) that is based on gender and date of birth. By knowing your “kua” number you can also know your lucky colors based on feng shui. And by selecting the correct color, you will experience better luck because the color is harmonized with you. You can choose your lucky colors based on your kua number for your car. Click here to find out how to find your kua number.
You should choose colors of your cars which do not conflict with the color of your element.
People who has “type-A” personalities – who are easily excitable and perhaps prone to speeding, should avoid using cars with red interiors, as this bright fiery color will only encourage their lead foot. On the other hand, people who are very slow to react or has a laid back personality should choose to drive a car with red interior.
- Choose plate numbers that is auspicious to you. Generally, the Chinese avoid number 4 because it is homophone to the Chinese word for “death” while in the West, they prefer not to use 13 and treble 6 for some superstitious reasons. In China, they often depend on sound. Chinese people like to use number 8 because it sounds like the Chinese word for “lucky” or “prosperity” and therefore is well-regarded.
- Keep a bottle of water in your car to help remember and connect the useful qualities of this element. Drink plenty of water to flush out harmful or negative energy created by using cell phones and all electronic devices using wireless connections.
Tie a blue ribbon to the rear view mirror of your car to represent water and a clear headed state of mind. You can also add a bottle of water, it has the same effect which can help enhance the awareness of the mind.
- In feng shui, dragon is regarded as a very powerful figure which protects us and bring us luck. Many people like to place dragon picture or sticker somewhere inconspicious in their car, or a small dragon statue or stuffed doll on the dashboard.
- Ideally, a car should be parked in a place which contains metal element of your house.
- One last word on cars and feng shui. If you park your car, you should always park it facing away from home, rather than into your home. The reason behind this is that a car directing at you or your family/home creates poison arrow or sha chi, slightly attacking quality of energy and is therefore best to avoid.