Feng Shui Teenager's Room
Teenager’s room is an evolving place where a child who is growing into an adult can express himself – his happiness, his loves, his hurts and his anger. The latter may be directed against you if you attempt to curb his individuality and try to impose your personalities and values on the private space that will nurture him through to adult-hood. The tastes and needs of a thirteen-year-old are so much different from those of a twenty-one year old.
However, feng shui teenager’s room and adult’s room can be considered almost the same. Some principles will remain constant and you can refer to the feng shui bedroom page for general tips that also apply to this section.
How to Organize Your Teenager's Room
- A space clearing procedure is still one of the most important step to perform before establishing a room for your teenage child.
- You can encourage your child to place his bed in an auspicious position.
- The principle of avoiding clutter (such as unwashed clothes, sweet wrappings and crisp packets, over-flowing wastebins, etc) also applies as much to your teen’s room as it does to any other room.
- Dont place your teen’s bed under a sloping ceiling or a beam, as these are oppressive and can cause depression, insomnia, restlessness or other health problems. If you cant avoid this, then place crystal or hang a wind chime in the problematic area.
- Place your teen’s desk in north-east corner of the room. In order to enhance his education luck, you can place rock crystals in that area. Other methods is to keep a bright light on or hang a lead crystal from the ceiling there. You can also place the rock crystals in the NE corner of your teen’s desk for better study concentration.
Open book shelves should not be positioned opposite your teen’s bed or behind him as he studies. These act like knives and will encourage people “talking behind his back”.
- You should place your teen’s dresser in East corner of the room if it is made of wood; place it in the north if it is black or blue; west coner if it is white, gold or silver; south or SW if red, orange or purple and south-east if it is green.
- You can have lamps in the south of your teen’s bedroom to improve his fame and recognition, NE for his education luck and SW to help him with his sweetie or bring one if he doesnt have one.
- Pictures of famous people, awards, trophies can be placed in the south area to enhance his fame and recognition. You can use many red color on this spot for an extra boost in recognition energy.
- Try to give your teen as much physical space as posible. And dont forget to open the windows in your teen’s room whenever possible, this to ensure that the chi inside the room is fresh so that your teen will feel better.
- Plants use up body energy in our bedroom, so make sure there is no plant in your teen’s bedroom.
- Dont display pictures of water (or the water itself) as this may aggravates asthma, allergies and encourage respiratory or sinus problems. Fish tank or Zen fountain are thus not recommended in the bedroom.