Feng Shui Nursery
As babies interact with their first environment, first stages of learning abuot the world will be taking place. In feng shui, there are many ways you can make to ensure that their environment is resonating with an energy of love, peace and joy to provide supportive surroundings during what can be a chalenging and transitional time.
A good flow of chi or feng shui energy in your baby’s room will lead to a happier, healthier child, while a baby’s room with a bad flow of feng shui chi will contribute to a baby who tends to get sick often and cant sleep well.
How to Organize Your Baby's Room
- The best location for a nursery is in the front part of the house. This is said to make the child feel confident and feel good being n the world. If possible, place your baby boy's room in the east (where the sun rises) and north parts of your house while your baby girl's room in the south and west (where the sun set) part of the house. A baby nursery shouldnt be somewhere that he or she will be disturbed by excessive noise.
- The best crib position in a child’s room is where your baby can have a full view of the room and doorway (this is also called as command position). This position allows the child to see what’s coming and make him or her feel safe and comfort. Position the cot head against a solid wall to provide the baby a sense of security when sleeping. Make sure your baby does not sleep or is placed against a slanted wall.
Dont place the cot facing directly to the door or window. The cot shouldnt be placed along the same wall with a storage room, toilet or a bathroom because this will affect your baby’s health.
- Make sure there are no sharp corners (such as the corner of a table) pointing toward the cot because these send out poison arrows or sharp energy (called as sha chi in Chinese). Remove everything that is being stored under the cot as this cuold stagnate the energy and disrupt sleep.
- Hanging mobiles should be located in the center of the room because that area is related to a baby’s spiritual, mental and emotional health. Other recommended place is to hang it over the center of crib. Do not place it over the head as this can be threatening. Do note also that you should not hang mobiles over the cot while the baby is sleeping as these can scare your baby on waking.
Keep furry doll or toy animals out of the cot as some very small children could be suffocated when those objects fall on their faces. You can place them on a nearby shelf or in the place where your baby can see them.
If your baby is easily stimulated, display a square picture over his or her crib. If your child always wants to be held, then you can use a circular shape. A baby who has a hard time sleeping could be handled by displayng a wavy pattern over his crib. Try to use green color for a baby who cries a lot.
- Remove any mirrors from the room as these produce Yang Chi.
- The first thing that the baby sees when waking is very important. Fill the room with items that bring or give the baby a sense of joy and calm. Avoid designs or pictures that can be intimidating for a newborn baby.
- According to medical research, pollutants in decorating materials and furniture may be responsible for cot deaths and breathing difficulties in susceptible babies. Decorate the room for a baby as long as possible bbefore it is due and air the room thoroughly. But if that cannot be done, you can put your baby in the parent’s room until the harmful smell of fresh paint has disappeared. You should choose decorating materials that are manufactured from natural products. Cot bedding made from natural untreated fibres is more recommended.
- The best colors for your child’s room are soothing tones that arent boring such as light yellow, pale green and pale blues. Using a soft color for your baby could help promote proper health and rest. Avoid colors that are too bright or attractive as they can be too stimulating for babies. Deep peaceful sleep in babies is necessary for healthy growth. Avoid using colors that is too much in contrast, if you want to add more colors in the room select colors that are harmonious or close to one another such as white and beige, yellow and pink, and blue and green.
- Clear away all clutter in your baby’s room is one of the most important ways to create good energy or chi for your baby. Unnecessary clutter can block mental, physical and creative energy and lead to discouragement.
- Suitable safety precautions shoud be taken inside your baby’s room (and even your entire house). Pets can be a problem if the animals snuggle up to your baby for warmth or jealous of the attention it receives. As children begin to crawl, walk and climb, make sure that all fires and electrical sockets are securely covered. Beware of the opened windows and stairs, provide them with barriers at the top and bottom.