Feng Shui Home Office
Home office differs from study in that it is more yang because home office have more contact with the outside world. Below are some of the useful and simple ways you can do to maintain a clean, organized, happy, lucky and well-balanced office area at home using the basic principles of Feng Shui.
How to Organize Your Home Office
- Since home office is the place where you get more contact with the outside world, the ideal place for home office should be in front of your house so that work does not impinge on the whole house and your visitors also do not have to walk through the living accommodation. When situated in the main body of your house, there is always a temptation for you to take time out doing household tasks or for your family to drop in.
Other advantage locating your home office in front of the house is the flow of energy – most of auspicious energy or chi enters the home through the front door. If it is situated in the back, its more difficult to receive any energy.
Where possible, place the home office where your visitors have access via a separate door and apart from your main house, in a wing or even in a separete building in the garden. If you dont have a choice but to have home office within your home then try to have your home office as far from the bedroom as possible. If the home office happens to be inside your bedroom, then you can hide the office area with a screen during your sleep so that you dont mix the opposite energies.
- Dont obstruct the doorway, keep shoes, books, umbrellas and other items put away so that fresh chi flows in easily.
- Position your desk in ‘Commanding Position’ – diagonally across from the doorway so that you will have a clear line of vision. Make sure you are sitting with your back to a wall as a support. This will create a sense of security. Dont place the desk so that your back is facing a door or window. Do position the desk facing into the room instead of facing a wall, but if you dont have a choice but to place the desk flat up against a wall then try to have a window on your left side if you are right-handed and on your right if you are left-handed.
If you dont want to lose power and authority, then dont place your desk in the center of the room.
Avoid placing your desk in line with the door as you may feel agitated or confused.
You should not place the desks facing each other, for example your desk facing your secretary’s desk.
- Avoid arranging your workspace in a way that you can look straight out into a corridor or see the closets, toilets, elevators, stairs, escalators or storage rooms.
- You can add more positive atmosphere by displaying images or statues that make you feel motivated, successful and happy. This will make your office reflects useful energies that you need to achieve your goals. A clutter-free office enviroment is essential.
- If your home office does not have any window, you should brighten up the room with yellow paint and bright lights.
Use Bagua to arrange your desk according to Feng Shui principles:
- This area represents career or the start of the day. it should be clear to open up possibilities for your day ahead.
- This area represents relationships. It is suitable for placing brochures or details of people that you will meet them often for business.
- This area represents health. Displaying plants here is a good idea for your business longevity and stability.
- This area represents wealth. Many people place a healthy plant or a crystal bowl here to enrich this area for their business. You can also place your accounts and paying-in books here but not cheque book because it symbolizes money going out.
- You should not leave things to pile up here. Use this central area for the task in hand, after that clear it away.
- This area represents Helpful People. This place is suitable for placing address book and telephone.
- This area represents Children or Projects. It is suitable for placing your project files here.
- This area represents Knowledge and Wisdom. Store your reference books here.
- This area represents Fame. You can display or place auspicious images or statues here so that it can represent future possibilities.