Feng Shui Bedroom
In feng shui, bedroom is considered as one of the most important rooms in our house because it is the place where we spend 1/3 of our time (teenagers and children may spend even more than this), so having proper balance of positive and negative energies (Yin and Yang) is very essential.
How to Organize Your Bedroom
- The first thing i would like to discuss is perhaps the bed. A bed should face in one of our auspicious directions. This means that when you are lying down, the top of your head should point that way. Of course you might ask “How about a married couple?”, our partner may have different auspicious direction. In this case, there has to be a compromise, for example, if your house is a North group house and favours one partner, then the direction of your bed should favour the other.
Other best position for your bed is diagonally opposite the door (this position is called a command position). This means that when you are lying down, you face the door from the far side of your room but not directly in front of the door. From this position that you are able to benefit from the Qi/Chi that enters and flows through the space.
- If the occupants of the bed do not have a reasonablle view of the door, then a mirror should be placed to reflect anyone entering.
Mirrors should not face the bed as Chinese believe that our soul leaves the body as we sleep and will be disconcertedd to come across itself in the mirror
- Your bed should not face directly in front of the door. Having the foot of your bed in direct line with the door is also known as the “mortuary position” because coffins are placed in that position when awaiting collection in China. This position will also expose you to excessive Chi which can contribute to irritability, stress and health problems.
Providing a solid wall (not a window) behind your bed as a support is highly recommended. There has to be enough room on either side of the bed for a small cupboard or table. These shuold always be balanced at either side; one will not do. Each side of the bed should have identical furnishings.
- Feng shui beds should be made from natural materials which can breath. Usually wood is the favorite choice, although many people also prefer bamboo. Many people who belong to the element of metal often favour metal beds. But do remember to keep electrical equipment away from the bed since metal conducts electricity and heat.
- Headboard represents the Tortoise position and it should be higher than the Phoenix or the foot-board.
- If your double bed is in a confined space and you have to climb over the other person to get in or out, harmony will not prevail.
- Never keep your computer, TV, working desk, exercise or electrical equipment in the bedroom. The reason behind this is that the energy of those equipments (work) and that of rest (bed) are opposite to aech other and are therefore incompatible to each other. The energy of our bedroom should be calming and relaxing, but when these items are present in our bedroom, the good feng shui energy in our bedroom would be destroyed. Secondly, the harmful electromagmetic waves that are generated can also have an adverse effect on those sleeping there.
Do not have too many books in your bedroom as they are mentally stimulating.
To enhance your romance luck, then everything should be arranged in pairs (particularly in the Relationships corner). You should get rid of items associated with loneliness. For example, you should not display one flower in a vase or images of solitary figure. Photographs of parents, friends and children have no place in a couple’s bedroom.
- Best colors for your bedroom are the Yin (quiet) colors such as “skin colors” (which can range from pale white to rich chocolate brown) and avoid bright colors such as red, yellow etc
- Avoid the overhead beams, sharp angles from interior corners, the low side of a slanted ceiling and an overhead fan in a room are also one of the common tips for feng shui bedroom.