Feng Shui Bathroom
Bathroom and toilet are governed by and driven by the element of water. Since water is synonymous with wealth in feng shui, therefore the position of our bathroom has to be properly placed. Secondly, you should also keep in mind that bathroom and toilet are associated with elimination and waste. In feng shui, the disposal of waste water also symbolizes the dispersal of the family fortune. Additionally, bathroom features many powerful drains such as bath tub, sinks and toilet, which can sap your household and personal energy and create many problems.
How to Organize Your Bathroom
- Many feng shui masters suggest that the bathroom should be placed in the North area of your house. This is because the element of the north area of your house is water.
Do not place your bathroom or toilet in the northwest side of the home. But for those who already have their toilet in the NW you can place a large cactus plant in the toilet to solve the problem.
- Bathrooms should be positioned well away from the front door. The reason is that the bathroom can drain the fresh Chi away before it has a chance to circulate thruogh the rest of the house. And Im sure this is also not an image you want your visitors to see when they are entering your house. Bathroom above the front door is also not recommended.
The same thing goes for the toilet. The toilet should be situated where it is hidden from view so that your guests wont be able to see it the first time they enter the bathroom.
- Avoid placing your bathroom on the second floor directly above the kitchen. This is because the water energy above will extinguish the hearth’s fire energy and floods your entire kitchen with negative energy. This will also damage to both your health and prosperity.
It is also important not to have your bathrooms close to your kitchen for health reason. And they should also be away from sitting and dining areas so that your guests wont be so embarassed to use them.
- Never position your bathroom/toilet in the middle of the house or office, this is the worst location for feng shui bathroom. A centrally located bathroom will destabilizes the energy of the entire house. Secondly, imagine people see and smell the toilet very often when they are inside the house, this can cause a health problem both mentally and physically.
- Bathrooms under the stairs are also not recommended. From a feng shui point of view, this arrangement can causes disaster to your health and financial prospects.
- Another very important feng shui bathroom is that this room shouldnt be facing directly to your bedroom or kitchen nor sharing their walls. This will bring bad energy to the house occupants.
Having an En suite bathroom built in the bedroom often create an L-shape witth a corner jutting into the room, and because of this, some action needs to be taken so that it does not point at the bed.
Easy Bathroom Fixes
How if you have bathrooms located in the problem area such as the area for marriage, wealth etc or in the area that I have just mentioned above? – Dont worry, there are simple and easy fixes you can do so that your luck wont just keep on going down the drain.
For those of you who have your bathrooms in an important feng shui area (marriage, fame, wealth, etc):
- You can place a full-length mirror on the outside of your bathroom door or above it to deflect the Chi so that it wont be drained away. Of course you need to keep the bathroom door closed at all time. Also keep the toilet lid down when not in use.
- You can also place a stone or a bowl of pebbles on the toilet seat or on the cistern itself. The stone or earth energy will absorb and control the water before being flushed away.
- Some people also placed a red or black colored rug at the base of the pedestal as an alternative way.
For those who have bathroom in the center of the house:
- Paint the wall of your bathroom with red color.
- Place a large crystal, a terra cotta vase or a stone (or other earth-related object) in each corner of the room.
- Put a mirror on the outside of the door.
For those who have their bathroom over the kitchen or over the front door:
- Hang a faceted crystal from the center of your bathroom ceiling.
- Put an uplifting statue or picture (a tree, a bird) in the area underneath the bathroom.
- Put an earth-related object (a stone, a crystal or terra cotta vase) in each corner of the room.
Other Tips to Improve Your Feng Shui Bathroom
- You can use certain helpful colors in your bathroom such as earth color like brown and yellow. The earth element would absorb and control the water element keeping it in the room as well as allowing its beneficial effects to remain in the house.
- Dont place your bathroom window directly in front of the door.
- Keep the bathroom door closed as much as possible and keep the toilet lid down when not in use.
- Open the window whenever possible. If your bathroom dont have a window, you can hang a mirror above the toilet.
- In feng shui, bathroom is linked to the body’s plumbing system. A large bathroom using too much water can cause health problems concerned with evacuation, while a cramped bathroom is connected with restriction in bodily functions. Having a large bathroom is also associated with vanity and an axcessive obsession with cleanliness.
- The use of mirrors may give the illusion of more space, but placing them opposite each other are not considered to be auspicious because they conjure up an image of constant movment away from the self, with no grounding influences.
- Mirror tiles or those which in any way cut the image are not recommended.