Face Reading Facts
Chinese face reading (like other forms of divination) has been around for thousands of years. Although the earliest records of its use date from 2697 – 2598 BCE (during the time of the Yellow Emperor), face-reading had been practised long before that.
You have to bear in mind that in Chinese face reading, your face should never be read part by part separately. In Chinese philosophies, balance is an extremely important principle.
In Chinese face reading, there are five external organs that can tell a person’s fate – our eyebrows correspond to health and social status, our eyes correspond to our will power as well as good or bad personality, noses are associated with our wealth and health, our mouths correspond to our luck and chances of meeting a benefactor, while our ears correspond to a person’s life span.
There are 3 Pavilion on our faces:
- The first pavilion, or also called upper pavilion is the area from our forehead to the eye-brow. This area governs your fate between 15 – 30 years old.
- The second pavillion, or also called the middle pavilion is the area from our eye-brow to our nose. This area governs your fate between 31 – 50 years old.
- The third pavilion, or also known as the lower pavilion is the area of our face between the nose to the chin and this area governs your fate after 51 years old.
If all these three pavilion are of equal length then it indicates a balanced life. If the upper pavilion is the widest area, then it usually indicates that the person has had a very happy childhood. And a very big lower zone or chin area means his life will be much better when he is older. Many people tend to have the middle zone as the largest area.
If you draw a vertical line down the middle of your face, the right side of the face represents yin and the left side is yang. If you are a man, the right side of the face relates to women and the left to yourself. For women, its the other way around.
There are 5 main face shapes in Chinese face reading and those five correspond to the Five Elements:
- A long, thin face is considered as a wood-shape face. People who have this kind of face is said to be a little lonely, preferring thier own company to others. These people are also ambitious and want to succeed.
- The rounded face is regarded as a water-shape face. But this type of face should not only round but also plump and fleshy. Those who have this kind of face is believed to be flexible, sympathetic and adaptable. These people also have a strong drive for power and money.
- A thick and heavy face belongs to the earth element, a very full face that’s slightly wide. If you have this kind of face then you are calm and steady people. You are also workaholic but very secretive.
- Fire-shape face belongs to those who have pointed chins. And those of you who fall in this category is believed to be hot-tempered and fiery. These people can also be extraordinary strong and have impressive courage.
- A metal-shape face is more square than anything else. This type of face is associated with strength, firmness and fighting spirit.
Having plastic surgery can also change your luck – this will depend on what you have done as well as when the operaton is made.
Fatty and smooth hand means that you will have a good life and be happy with your marriage. Bony hand means that you will have to work a lot.
Im sure many people have heard of Morton's Toe, when your second toe is longer than your big toe, in Chinese physiognomy it means that you are not very close to your mother.
In India, moles on the left side of the body are considered auspicious for women while moles on the right side of the body are considered auspicious for men.